The hope for this site is that it won’t be just another blog. My hope is that it becomes a community: a body much greater than any one part. I am frankly not interested in producing just another blog. I want to produce a movement. As such, I think it would be appropriate to lay out the ground rules here at the outset.
Eventually Life Springs will have many cell groups meeting across the nation. However, right now there is one active group that meets in Tacoma, Washington. (Let me know if you are interested in attending: we’d be thrilled to have you join us.) These rules have been taken from this group to be shared with you here.
- The only one superior here is God. Let’s welcome Him by keeping that fact in mind. – Isaiah 55:8-11
- All opinions, insights, beliefs and fears will be listened to thoughtfully and considered respectfully. This is a safe place. – 1 Corinthians 12:12-27
- Realize you might not have the answer, and someone else might. We are here to be sharpened, so be prepared to be ground on a point. – Matthew 7:1-5
- Sometimes silence is golden. Let’s learn when to use it. – Proverbs 17:28
- We are here to strengthen each other in love. As such, let’s not tear each other down behind one another’s back. – James 3:5-18
- Drop your religion and preconceptions at the door. You don’t really need them anyway. – Luke 11:37-12:3
- God is not far from any one of us. If we seek Him, we will find Him. – Acts 17:22-28
Thank you for abiding by these rules as we interact together over the coming months and years. My hope is that we are going to change the world.